It does not come as a surprise that Cafés have always been the hot spot for business rendezvous and client meetings. But today, Cafés are increasingly turning into retreats for office going employees too who seek to work, away from work. Of course, office goers love their coffee, but this is more about the entire experience which attracts employees to coffee houses like bees to flowers. People like the buzz of a bustling environment, the smell of coffee, and the fact that there’s no one there to disturb them in the middle of their work. Research has shown that a moderate level of ambient noise, such as the clattering of plates and the whir of a coffee machine, improves focus. The warm mood of the cafe, the absence of cluttered desks and the presence of a chilled out crowd eases your anxiety and calms your senses.
But since cafes are not originally meant for work, there is one key area that it lacks, and that is the availability of ergonomic furniture. Coffee house furniture, while good enough, are (deliberately) not meant for long hours of sitting. You won’t find an arrangement like a comfortable office chair or a height-adjustable table for seating. There is no guarantee of a seamless Wi-fi, no nearby plug points for charging and not a table spacious enough to place your laptop, files and a coffee mug. And then there is always the awkwardness of occupying space when you are long done with your coffee.
Office Cafes - A Mix of Relaxation & Innovation
You can make the productivity hindrances disappear by creating a café at your workplace, exclusively for your employees. Work cafeterias can mimic the ambience of a cafe with the essential elements of an office. You get to choose your cafe chairs and tables, replete with plug points, internet connectivity, some background music and a lot of table space to keep things on. And with a good coffee dispenser, you can even get a great tasting coffee that’s as good Starbucks, well almost.
Cafe Chairs by HNI-India
Office cafeterias should be relaxed and comfortable but also energetic and quick. Check out the cafe collection by HNI India to add zest and breathe life into your office.
- Mant-O: The colourful & fun, ‘Mant-O’ collection by HNI-India - a leading office chair manufacturer - are the perfect chairs for the office cafeteria. Their minimalistic design and clean lines impart a neat, fuss-free look.
- Limber: The ‘Limber’ range of space-saving training chairs come with a folding writing tablet that can be rotated upwards from the bottom and then rotated horizontally. The multi-angle back adjustment provides occasional comfort to the user.
- Relate: The ‘Relate’ chairs come with unmatched ergonomic excellence offering quick tension lever and body adaptive control to reduce muscle fatigue and encourage healthy movement.
- Lyric: The ‘Lyric’ chairs with Its comfort and intuitive functionality, paired with simple yet striking lines, make it a perfect fit for your cafeteria.
Along with some fixed furniture, add some pieces of casual seatings such as an ergonomic chair, a sofa, a bean bag, etc. to move around easily allowing a fluid ambience. While work café offers a change of scenery, cafe furniture offers people a much-needed change of posture.
The modern office furniture at HNI India sparks creativity as it provides a variety of seating positions and environments for employees to discuss, brainstorm, and come up with new ideas. This is a key feature of working in an office with modern furniture.
- Meta: Meta is designed to address your need for open space, need for collaboration and need for privacy.
- Ingage: Ingage lets you create a private communication space in an open zone.
Ultimately, a work café acts as a more relaxed environment where people can connect with colleagues, their work and their organisation. A well-designed office cafe with the right elements can boost productivity and bring good cheer in the work environment. Such flexibility and freedom in the workplace can allow young professionals to work at their creative and productive best. Set up a work café with HNI India and offer and help your business keep up with the changing times, and retain top talent.